Look into the benefits of a video security camera
Business security is extremely important to the safety and profitability of a business – you need to protect your premises, data and products from theft or loss. Security cameras allow you to keep an eye on your business when you're not there, and they can also watch corners and rooms that you may not always have the time to check. Often, installing a business security camera system can be less expensive than hiring security guards.
Choosing a Video Security Camera System
The first thing that you need to consider is the needs of your business. Take the square footage of your business space into account, as well as the data or products that you keep on hand. You will want cameras for your main employee area as well as any warehouse or storage areas.
This brings you to the price – how much are you willing to spend? Many business owners look at the cost of security surveillance camera systems and not really the technology. Consider what you want your camera to be capable of before buying something that you may not be completely happy with.
Types of Security Cameras
Here are some considerations that you should think about before buying a camera for your business:
- What kind of lens do you want? Security cameras come in fixed or adjustable lenses. Fixed lenses point one way only and can only watch one area of your property; this may be an option if your business is small or if you are only concerned about one area. This is a less expensive option. Adjustable or moveable lenses are triggered by motion or can be set to watch certain areas at certain times. This may be a better option for a bigger company with more areas to keep an eye on.
- Consider the lighting. Do you want a camera that takes pictures with only the ambient light in the area, or do you want a camera that has a night vision feature? Your camera is only as good as the quality of the images it takes.
- Recognition technology. A security camera can be set to recognize certain faces so that you can keep an eye on who is coming in and out of your business. This is often much more expensive technology, but if you are looking to keep the contents of your business secure, this may be a good option for you.
- Wire vs. wireless. Wired cameras are obviously less expensive than wireless security cameras, but wireless cameras can connect to a network and pass data and information between different parts of your business property.
- DVR security camera. Many cameras use tapes in order to record footage, but you may want to consider a digital recording camera that stores data to a hard drive in order to ensure that you are getting better quality.
Pricing for an outdoor security camera system can be quite expensive, so it pays to consult with several companies before making any decisions. Consider the price and the function of the security camera system before buying to avoid making a bad decision.