Get sharp results with a color laser printer
Laser printers are quickly becoming the most popular choice for both home and business needs. They're faster than inkjet printers, are quieter and typically experience fewer problems with smearing or paper jams. Though a laser printer will likely cost you more initially, their efficiency can more than make up for the initial expense.
Things to Consider When Buying a Laser Printer
Not all laser printers are the same, so it's important to do some research before you make your purchase. Factors you might want to consider include:
- Cost of laser printer ink. It's inevitable that you're going to have to replace your printer ink cartridges at some point, particularly if you buy a color laser printer and you print high-quality color documents. Make sure you look at the cost of each laser printer cartridge before you buy a printer – often a great deal on the device itself doesn't translate to great savings on ink.
- Amount and type of printing. Some higher-end laser printers are designed for people or businesses who do lots of printing or who need to produce high-quality prints for things like presentations or marketing pamphlets. If this isn't you, you're better off buying a more moderate laser printer – you likely won't even notice the difference in quality and you'll certainly notice the difference in price.
- Warranty. Printers are one of those pieces of hardware that are prone to breaking, even laser jet printers, which are considered more stable. If you're spending a lot on your printer, you may want to consider buying an extended warranty should the device have problems.
Top Laser Printer Brands
With something like a printer, it is best to spend a little bit more on a trusted brand name. Three of the top brands in laser printers are:
- Hewlett Packard. If you run a home business or are looking for an office printer, an HP laser printer is a smart choice. HP is known for its high quality and ease of use. They're known for professional-quality printouts and also have good tech support, which is perfect for businesses.
- Samsung. A Samsung laser printer is a good choice for those who print only moderately and want to save some money. While Samsung does make high-end equipment, they also make models that are suited to smaller budgets, but still produce good-quality documents.
- Brother. Brother printers don't necessarily specialize in any particular printing focus, but they make good all-around printers, have a great price point and are known print quickly. For use in the home, the small size of a Brother laser printer also makes the brand a smart choice.